“Reece Halpern is the attorney who helped me with the probate. He was very helpful to me and handled everything very efficiently. After going through that process, I realized it would be a good idea to make a plan to handle our affairs. Reece was very patient in working with my husband and me to make a plan which works for us and our family. If you want someone to help you make estate plans, I highly recommend Reece. It’s a good feeling to have a plan in place, especially for those you will leave behind.” —KATHY J. • December 6, 2014
Approximately 1/2 of my law practice is comprised of estate planning, trust administration, and estate probate services:
- I prepare estate planning documents for individuals with modest to large estates. I also prepare documents required in special cases such as for an incapacitated person. My clients recognize the importance of estate planning, appreciate my personalized service, and benefit from my attention to detail.
- I handle probates throughout California and I expedite the process when permitted by law. Clients select me due to my experience and efficiency rather than on cost considerations since in California probate fees are set by statute.
- I provide legal counsel to trustees of trusts with asset sizes ranging from modest to more than $100 million. My clients include people who require occasional assistance and people that desire assistance with the entire process.
- I prepare Supplemental or Special Needs Trusts (SNTs) and Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs) for clients needing more advanced estate planning.
- I offer estate plan reviews to ensure that older estate plans are still valid and effective, since there have been significant changes in Federal Inheritance Tax law.
The remainder of my law practice is comprised of “common-sense legal counsel” to investors, start-ups, and established companies located in or doing business in California. My services in this area include:
- Real estate purchases and sales
- Real estate lease negotiations and lease drafting
- Legal opinion letters for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loans
- Formation of corporations, LLCs, and partnerships
- Contracts and leases
- Confidentiality agreements
- Independent contractor and employee matters
- Trademarks and copyrights
- Business purchases, sales, and entity dissolutions
- International business
My practice is built on clients’ personal recommendations and referrals. (I don’t advertise.) The Halpern Law Office has been providing high quality legal services to clients since 2002.